Sunday, May 9, 2010

Curbside Garden Update




It's been a while since I have updated my curb side garden progress. Last year I planted cantaloupe, pineapple and basil with the lantana and bulbine.  The cantaloupe became overgrown last year and took over most of the bed. That combined with the feral cats making it their litter box, I decided not to plant anything edible out there.  The hard freeze we had this winter wiped out the pineapple and I thought the lantana was a goner also. Much to my delight, the lantana came back. Instead of running the water hose across the side walk and risking a lawsuit, I installed a pipe under the sidewalk. I can hook the water hose up on  one side and the soaker hose on the other. I also added a few stepping stones on so that hopefully people will stop trampling the plants.











No comments:

Post a Comment